Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Specification Writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Reed P.E.

Civil/Environmental
Oct 18, 2023
US
Most of my projects in the past have been for private site developments, where we typically included all necessary notes on the plans and did not require separate specification books. Now, I am involved in new projects that require detailed specifications, which is a new area for our team. While I have experience with ODOT specs that come with editable templates, creating a spec book from scratch is a different process.

I am familiar with the standard CSI divisions and have already purchased and reviewed a comprehensive list of spec sections relevant to my project. However, I need to source the Word documents for these sections to customize them for my specific project needs. Despite searching various resources such as ARCAT, Deltek, and cfm.VA.gov, I have found limited availability of the necessary sections.

I'm aware of cloud platforms like Speclink and Specpoint, but for this project, I am focusing on producing a traditional Word document with the relevant specs. Does anyone have recommendations on where I can find and download the full spec sections in Word format? Additionally, any advice on best practices for assembling these specifications would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Specs should be in the 3-part Masterformat style.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back