Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Spectral response Acceleration Ss & S1 for areas other than U.S. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaijin2004

Structural
Sep 19, 2004
JP
Anyone who can teach me the values of spectral acceleration Ss & S1 of iran? We have a project located in that country using IBC 2000 code for seismic load calculation. the problem is, the contour maps provided in the IBC 2000 (also in ASCE 98) is for US only, how can we get the values of Ss & S1 for the said location? any links/info provided is greatly appreciated. thank you very much!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I recall that several years ago, Factory Mutual had a seismic map that included the whole world. This was a 3- or 4- zone map, not a mapping of the information you are actually asking for. But it might be worthwhile to check with them; perhaps they have more up-to-date information also.

Are there any local building codes or ordinances, or officials enforcing the same, that could provide any insight?

Hi!
You may find Ss and S1 values from the US Army Corps of Engineers TI 809-04 "Seismic Design for Buildings" Look at Table 3-3 on pg 3-13, for Iran:
Isfahan............................. 1.24 0.56
Shiraz............................... 1.24 0.56
Tabriz............................... 1.65 0.75
Tehran................................ 1.60 0.75
Go too Engineering Publications, then Instructions, then TI and choose TI 809-04

if you don't know , let me know your email

Regards
Thaarni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back