Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Splitting a curve 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfleck

Automotive
Jan 4, 2008
US
Is is possible to split a line or spline into multiple segments using or geometry be it a surface or plane.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Always an interesting topic.

A new teqnique that I've fallen into lately is to leave my 'chaotic' associative model intact, but extract and unparameterize the resulting body before linking it into other parts. In that way, if the chaos unravels my model will stay intact, yet I can still edit the original features and re-extract a new body if changes are required. In the right circumstances, this can be a life saver.

NX 5.0.3.2 MoldWizard

Better still link from the parametric model to begin with then just break the link. At this stage you may wish to annotate say and attribute with the name of the parent file for future reference. The result is that you don't carry baggage and it is even simpler to edit the parameters of the body with the broken link and re-link it to an updated version of your original.

Cheers

Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back