Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

sprinkler flow rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled eltaweel

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2024
QA
For vertical opening if sprinklers spaced 1.8m with draft stop the minimum sprinkler flow is ?
For room have area 48m2 and classified as ordinary gr1 and have 4 sprinkler the flow required is?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you trying to give us a pop quiz?

I'm a half-decent tech. Some might even say the 'top'. Now throw out some hard questions, not these lay-ups.

this is not a pop quiz ... really i do not know the answer .... appreciate your assistance if you explained the answer from NFPA ... thanks skdesigner

Exactly. I'm planning to take CWBSP NFPA Exam . And those questions as examples... appreciate your guidance to support me understanding how to get the answers. Thanks in advance

For the first question, NFPA 13 requires that water curtain sprinklers discharge a minimum of 3 gpm/lineal foot (37L/Min / lineal meter), so 6' x 3 gpm/ft = 18 gpm (68.13L) minimum flow per sprinkler.

For the second question, either you're not posting the entire question, or there is a diagram accompanying the text that provides additional information. How the sprinklers are spaced in the room, and whether the area/density or room design method is being used, will have an effect on the aggregate flow rate.

Appreciate your response skdesiner
for second questions the distance between sprinklers is 15 ft and density / area method being used ... hope to help solve this question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back