Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

sprinkler zone control - distance between flow switch to control/check valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

ez1969

Mechanical
Nov 17, 2021
VE
I have a "little problem" or dude about distance flow switch from butterfly/check valve 4". Some flow switch manufacturers indicate 6 inch from fitting that changes direction and no less than 24 inch from valve drain. I do NOT have that clearence in my run pipe. Can I install the flow switch more close to butterfly/chaeck valve. i have seen in sprinkler zone control cabinets, the arrangement butterfly/check/flow switch installed to very close distance between them.
Thanks for your help

Yeshua of Nazareth is the way, the
DSC_0000015_u0wqwm.jpg
truth and the life. John 14:6 follow HIm

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Would get the install instructions and see what they say,,,

This is from a potter

Installation (see Fig. 1)
These devices may be mounted on horizontal or vertical pipe. On horizontal pipe they shall be installed on the top side of the pipe where they
will be accessible. The device should not be installed within 6" (15 cm) of a fitting which changes the direction of the waterflow or within 24"
(60 cm) of a valve or drain.

Plus you can call tech and ask them the question

You can't violate the requirements because it is hard. You may need to find alternative locations for such. If you use a listed riser manifold, you can pack them a lot closer. Maybe that will help.

Travis Mack, SET, CWBSP, RME-G, CFPS
MFP Design, a Ferguson Enterprise

Many Thanks Mr. Cdafd Mr. TravisMack

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back