Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

st3 version - cannot change value in dynamic input box

Status
Not open for further replies.

david6545

Mechanical
Jan 28, 2012
AU
I cannot use the dynamic input box (circled in red in the attached picture) to type in a value when I extrude a shape. I also cannot change a dimension value by clicking on it (the second screen shot in the attached picture)

Instead of highlighting in blue and allowing me to type in a value, the input box flicks very quickly between highlighted and not highlighted, or just stays unhighligted and doesn't allow me change anything.

I believe I may have changed some settings the last time I used Solid Edge (a few months ago, I was creating 2D drawings for a project), but I can't remember how to change it back.

Is there a way to restore default settings? This should fix my problem, as I was previously able to do change the values in the dynamic input box.

This seems like such a simple thing to fix, but I haven't had any luck.

Thank you for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I got the same problem as you, that's why I am here but I just found a solution (probably a bit late for you since you asked that question few months ago).

Anyway, I was trying to modify the dimension of an extruded circle to make a cylinder.
To extrude the circle, I originally used the "single" or "chain" option instead of the "face" option.

Using "single", it was impossible to decide exactly which dimension to give to the cylinder during the extrude and after by editing the dimension. When editing, the dimension was flicking as you said and it was impossible to the it blue.

Changing to "face" during the extrude made possible to choose the length of the cylinder during the extrude and to edit it after.

Since I am evaluating SEdge ST since a week, this problem bugged me enough to decide to go with a competitor.

I just stumbled upon this thread and had the same problem a few months ago. The dimensioning box in Solid Edge would flicker, but would be unselectable / unusable, making Solid Edge useless until fixed. I called Siemens' support line and they knew instantly what to do, so I would recommend if anyone ever encounters bugs that Google cannot solve then contact Siemens rather than waste your time. This thread is very old, I'm only posting the solution so hopefully future users can find it.

Make sure you exit out of Solid Edge first.

- Go to the start menu, search for and then run "regedit" (no quotes)
- Select/ expand "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
- Select/ expand "Software"
- Select/ expand "Unigraphics Solutions"
- Select/ expand "Solid Edge"
- Select/ expand "V104"
- Select/ expand "UI"

Scroll down to the folder titled "Quickbar Options", right-click and delete it. The problem should be fixed. I have only encountered this bug in ST4, so I don't know if this problem exists or this solution works in other versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back