Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

STAAD TUTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

drazenko

Civil/Environmental
Aug 12, 2010
HELLO.I'M A NEWBEE HERE so pardon me if a make some gags....
im looking for some kind of tutorial,or users manual or something like staad for dummies!
i need to learn to use that program and a need it fast...so if anyone has something like that and its willing to share it..be my guest.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think drazenko and I are essentially looking for the same thing. Basically, I can model the correct geometry of my structure(s), but I do not know the correct pecking order of things (when and how to apply loads, etc.).

the tutorials in there will take you thru all of that.
It really is not difficult.

Take your Time

Modeling the geometry is the easy part.

Loads
Design Parameters & commands (many)
Beam/ node releases
Support conditions
analysis type
Etc
doing things graphically usually puts the commands in the input file in the proper order.

OK, so I got to Help->STAAD.Pro Info on Web->Tutorials I get directed to Bentley's STAAD.Pro page. They have some videos that show the new features, but nothing that is geared towards new users starting with zero knowledge of STAAD.Pro. Am I looking in the wrong place, TJ? Thanks in advance.

Yea, Dang. They took the tutorials out.
They used to have small step by step examples.
I have an old 2004 book that came with the software with some examples in it.

'ToadJones (Structural) 2 Sep 10 16:02
Yea, Dang. They took the tutorials out. They used to have small step by step examples. I have an old 2004 book that came with the software with some examples in it. '
and u wouldn't mind sharing with us?

can u upload it on rapidshare.....

In the help system, do you see a heading called "Application Examples"? My version, V8i (not current) has American Examples and British Examples.

These examples walk you through many of the program's features.

StevGregory,

I'm not sure what version drazenko has, but it is not available on my 2005 version.

drazenko,

I have an email into Bentley requesting some tutroials, I'll post whatever they send me here.

Unfortunately, my office is more mechanical and electrical based. We just hired a civil PE last week, but before that I had to pretty much learn everything on my own, with some general guidance from a civil PE from one of our satellite offices. Needless to say, this has been frustrating after nearly 3 years. Having said that, our new PE is busy taking company mandated quality training so he's unavailable to help me until next week. On top of that, I'm so buried with projects that it would be best if this were something I could do after hours.

TL;DR Current project deadlines do not allow for too much peer-peer training at this point.

I have Staad.PRO, V8i and I just went into the Help menu/Contents/Application Examples and all the tutorials are there from the 2004 example book.

thnx aswierski.i was looking 4 somethig like that.by the way ,same story in my firm like in yours...:(.im pretty much one my own..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back