Standar or references for semi-trailer load capacity calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

3JC

Mechanical
Jul 12, 2010
PE
Dear collages,

Hello to everybody, this is the first post that I do in this section. I am a FEM analysit, and I have to develop the structural analysis of a semi-trailer. Which specification shall I have to use for the determination of load cases and the matnitud of that loads and/or impossed displacements?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards,

3JC

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I doubt there are formal standards, there aren't for production cars for example. So for road cars we measure those loads with load celss, strain gages, etc, until we have a library of events that can be used to test a new structure. As a starting point racing cars have often been designed using 3g up at the wheel, 2g longitudinal, and 1g lateral, but those values are on the low side for modern tires, and are far too low for production cars, for different reasons.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Dear GregLocock:

Thank you very much for your response. I don't know then if exists any specification about tests to perform on this type of structure for the homologation of the support. It will be vaid to try to reproduce them on finite element analysis.

Thank you. Regards,

3JC

Dear Greg:

Thank you very much for your response. But the problem is that in the country where I am emplaced, in Bolivia, there is no so much information about everything that you say, and costs are prohibitive. For these reasons I want to start the study by analyzing the structure with finite element analysis and comparing to actual standars.
Regards,
3JC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back