Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startup drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryCole

Aerospace
Oct 6, 2015
GB
With Draftsight, when I open the program, and it comes up with the Noname drawing, which DWT file does it use as a default, and how do I change it.

Also, at the bottom of the screen, there are two numbers that show the position of the cursor. These default to showing the position from 0,0

How do I change these to show the angle and distance from the last point selected.

As ever, thanks for your help.

BC

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you right click on the tabs, you can choose your templates or go to the Print Config Manager.
Right click on the task bar near the 0,0 and you can choose Absolute or Relative.
I don't use DraftSight often enough to provide details, but I think this will get you started.
Sylvia

BC, after you create your default template go to tools, options, system options, open, saveas, template file name for smartnew for the location of the default template you will use.

Diego

Diego, Many thanks, that has sorted it.

Can you help with this, Sylvia's idea did not work

Also, at the bottom of the screen, there are two numbers that show the position of the cursor. These default to showing the position from 0,0

What I want it to show is the angle and distance from the last point I picked. I think I have been able to get this in the past, but I could be thinking back to my AutoCad days.

I thought it was a command called Coords, but that does not seem to work.

Any ideas please.

BC the command is setcrddsp. Change the default from 1 to 2. You may also at times want to change the location of the coordinate system, this command is ucs, with options listed.

regards, Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back