Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steam Table- In Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBando

Chemical
May 14, 2003
US
Hi there:

I am looking for Steam property generation in Excel. Well, the Steam Table as such. It seems ASME table are preferred choice, but I will be able to keep going with any functional form. Any pointers?

thanks well in advance,

Bando

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Mutt:

I normally use Aspen for most of my simulation, and other property info. however, my present organization do not have any simulator. So, I am looking around for get something free, and easily implementable in Excel.

Using NIST webbook, you can get baisc data. Years ago it used to be free call "Steam67", presently they also charge. So do few others applictions. However, I saw one link to France, but if you are an US or Canadian resident, then you can not download from their site. Furthermore, we have to contact someone in NIST for getting the program! Anyway, I am looking around.....

Thanks for you suggestion

Bando

I copied a steam table from my Thermodynamics book with pressure, temperature, enthalpy and specific volume (no entropy or internal energy). Post your e-mail and I can send you a copy.

jproj

Quark:

Thanks a bunch. I did see the site, and go the Excel Add In. Also, I found few other places, including Original Steam 67 Fortran source code! I am looking around.

<
jprog: Well you have lot of work!
Here is my e-mail address:
jbando@ureach.com

Psafety:

Looking for saturated, but I would expect to be able to calculate for superheated steam also. I think both uses Helmoltz (?) energy function for calculation? I am not sure.

Thanks for your help anyway,
I will put all the information I found
I am glad to see such nice group.

Jay BANDO

Thanks a bunch Jproj. I will reply from other mail shortly.
I am thinking to apply some technique to inter polate the data table. I will update you accordingly.

thanks again,

Bando

I'd second quark's recommendation. I'm using it and it does a good job matching my copy of the steam tables for the spot checks I did on the pressure and temperatures.

As it's an add-in, installation is a snap and it's available then in any spreadsheet you build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back