Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steel Design Guide with Examples? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyDuster

Structural
Jan 23, 2008
US
Hey everyone,

I have recently been thrown into the fray fresh out of college and have stumbled upon this site which has already helped me immensely. However, I was talking to another new graduate here and we both came to the same conclusion that it would be nice to get a book that has some steel design examples in it.

Our company doesn't deal a whole lot with concrete, just steel. We are an industrial design firm for pressure vessels and walkway platforms to name a few things. We are currently ordering our personal copies of Bednar for the pressure vessels, but we have yet to find a decent steel design book, with examples, as a reference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Duster

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The new 13th Edition of the AISC Steel Construction Manual comes with a CD that has lots of design examples. It looks like they were done using MathCAD but the actual files were not included, just the print outs.

I am looking for the 4th ed. (I confirmed that the 5th ed will not be out until Dec. 2008 at the earliest) and I can only find a paperback on Amazon or half.com. Additionally, this book is going for around $160. Does this sound right to others out there? That seems kind of high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back