Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steel Plate Girder design software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purol

Civil/Environmental
May 6, 2003
US
My firm does a lot of consulting for County Governments including bridge design. Most of these bridges are single or triple span continuous bridges with prestressed concrete girders. We are about to begin a project that could include two span diamond interchange. If that is case we will have to use Steel Plate Girder and the structure analysis program we current us for your single span steel girder bridges is not very user friendly for continuous structures. I was woundering what software do some of you use and recommend for this type of application.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

MDX is a nice program for continuous steel spans. One nice feature is its relative ease of learning. It has a file wizard that ask you question by question what the characteristics of your bridge and spans are. Then it makes the file and runs it.

The output is equally intuitive.

Purol:

Have you selected a piece of software to help you with your bridge design projects? If so, which software package did you select?

bnjneer :

I just finished my 30 day trial of Bridgesoft. The program is very usefully and the technical assistance is the best I have ever been associated with. I ordered the program a couple weeks ago before I went on vacations and hope to receive the new program any day now. Thank you for the recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back