Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stent designs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomi213

Industrial
Oct 20, 2010
How to draw stents in solidworks? What features are used to draw a simple stent design? I am new to solidworks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you for the reply. I read also those threads previously, I could not find mesh texture in appearances.
Can you expalain me where I can find that feature in solidworks

Yomi Fool arround with a double helix. Make a right hand helix and then start a left hand helix rotated 90 deg from c-line of stent tube. You probibly won't get what you want on the first try, I would show you what I did but it's proprity stuff. Lots of luck Art L.

The way I've done this in the past is to first draw a flat plate. Then do a seed cut (or series of cuts) whatever shape you want your holes to be. Then do a fill pattern (or linear pattern of your cuts on the plate. Then do a wrap feature. It isn't always exactly perfect, but it depends on what you're using the drawing for. I'll try to remember to attach a file when I get back to my work machine.

Dan

Dan's Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back