Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Stirrups placement in cantilvered beams 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali07

Structural
Dec 6, 2007
CA
As per attached sketch, please suggest the best arrangement and orientation of rebars and stirrups in cantilver beam. Beam is also supporting a secondary beam at the tip of cantilver (Not shown in sketch).
Appreciate for guidance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks BAretired,

Just wondering, is it easy to control that spacing pattern on site. Any limitations expected for placement, which would be dangerous, i mean any arrangement which cannot be monitored on site easily.

Not too easy. If you can talk the architect into using a prismatic beam, it would be easier.

Otherwise, determine the spacing you need at mid-height, then calculate what that means the spacing should be at the top of beam. You can check that with a tape measure before pouring.

Personally, I think I would make life easier for the guys on site by varying the height of each stirrup. It is not too difficult for the fabrication shop to do that.

BA

Personally, I think I would make life easier for the guys on site by varying the height of each stirrup. It is not too difficult for the fabrication shop to do that.

I agree. This is the simplest way.

If your sketch is on your computer (either PDF or JPG), click on..."or upload your file to ENGINEERING.com" just below the area you are typing in. A dialog box will appear. Click on "Browse" in the dialog box, then find your file with the sketch. Then click on "Upload File".

BA

I agree, if the architect does not want a simple shape, how it can be built simple. I am also thinking to specify varying stiruups sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back