Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Streamline curve between two curves in plane 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreludeEdge

Mechanical
Apr 11, 2010
US
Hi,
I'm a CNC programmer with average modeling skills and I need to create middle curve/curves between other two simple curves/splines. My wish is this curve to be like streamlined toolpath not variable offset.

P.S.Excuse my poor English

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The old trick is to create a surface ( thru curves or Ruled surface) between the curves(make sure it's not a planar surface) and then create an isoparametric curve in that surface.

Regards,
Tomas

Prelude, can you provide us an example, image or part, that shows what you have/ want ?

( If the surface becomes a planar or other analytic shape, its "U and V" directions doesn't follow the input curves, rather the X and Y axis
You can control this via Preferences - Modeling - Freeform - Freeform Construction result = B- Surface. = Force the output surface to become B-Surface math.)

Regards,
Tomas

You are great ! That's what I'm talking about !!

Thanks !

P.S. Kukelyk, I didn't succeed open your file because I'm working on NX7.5, but you helped me !

Best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back