Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stress Linearization in Pro/Mechanica

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastogisk

Mechanical
May 27, 2003
US
I am performing an axi-symmetric analysis of a pressure vessel with structural discontinuity. The only program available to me is Pro/Mechanica. I have made a run and had performed sanity checks by comparing Mechanica results for axial stress, hoop stress, and radial displacement far away from the discontinuity with hand calculations. The results are within the acceptable deviation band.

Now I want to perform "stress linearization calculation" across the pressure vessel wall thickness close to discontinuity, similar to those required by ASME code. I want to extract "membrane" and "bending" stress components at this cross section. The magnitude of bending stress will tell me the severity of the structural discontinuity.

Does anybody know as to how to perform stress linearization in an axi-symmetric model in Pro/Mechanic?

thanx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rastogisk try posting this question on FEA section too, the Pro/Mechanica section is not very poplar with the "GURUS".goodluck.

ym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back