Structural Analysis/Design Programs and Literature 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSablatura

Structural
May 12, 1999
US
<br>
I am looking for easy to use, windows oriented structural design programs for steel frame and concrete slab design. Nothing too fancy as we specialize in Tiltwall construction so my buildings don't require intricate analysis. Any source of helpful literature/books would be greatly appreciated. I have checked the local bookstores to no avail.<br>
<br>
Thank you for your time,<br>
<br>
Pat

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

PatSablatura<br>
<br>
Over the past few years I have been using STAAD3 available from Research Engineers. This program is very versatile and covers all steel, concrete and timber design. There is also a very useful toolcase module, Struct.etc, which covers all sorts of quick designs in concrete and steel. The program is not very expensive and is certainly worth looking at. A Demo Download is available from their website. Hope this info is of some use<br>
Regards<br>
Mike

PatSablatura<br>
<br>
There is a software called enercalc. You can visit them at enercalc.com. There software is easy to use and contains a module for tiltwall construction.<br>
<br>
Hasanh

I have used Staad3 and StaadPro for years. Recently I also started using struct.etc. I find these programs leave much to be desired in the user friendly area. I have Enercalc on order and have high hopes. Others I have talked with recommend Enercalc.

I have used STRUDL, STRUDL Pro, STAAD3, CSTRAAD, RISA2D, and RISA3D.&nbsp;&nbsp;By far, the fastest, easiest, and most economical are the RISA products.&nbsp;&nbsp;They design steel and wood (concrete is coming).&nbsp;&nbsp;For tilt panels, we analyze in RISA using their Pdelta feature and write their output into a spreadsheet for design.

Another couple of suggestions to add to the bewildering array above....one is PROKON software.....very easy to use, and has built in design capability in British, American and other codes and lots of useful design modules. You can download a full working version from their website for free two month trial.<br><br>As a powerful graphical/intuitive alternative to STAAD you could try ROBOT software website is <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> it might break the bank !!!! Great fo analysis, but the design is still mostly to French standards... British and American design is partially available and under development.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>David.

We have had success using PCA-Wall for tilt-up design. For general software, the easiest I have found are Enercalc and Risa. I just received Risa 2D for Windows. Hope it works as well as the DOS version.

When comparing structural software programs, make sure the one you choose offers these benefits:
1) Free updates
2) A &quot;standard&quot; windows interface (to make it easy!)
3) Free support from the developers
4) A limited set of features, so you don't get overwhelmed.
5) A free-trial version to try before you buy!

You can visit or for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back