Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Submersible Motor Winding Wire Supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grover194

Electrical
Feb 7, 2003
AU
I require to purchase Winding Wire suitable for rewinding large HP water filled submersible motors operating at70 -85 degress ,415-460 volts 50-60 hz 2 and 4 pole .Not PVC type insulation.Prefer PP PA or PE PE
Can any one advise suppliers of suitable product.
Regards Grover194

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

buzzp,
no definetly water filled submersible motor, eg Pleuger, Mercury, Emu ,Hitachi , These can also be up to 1000 and 3600 volts .
Grover

grover194.

if you contact the local pleuger/mercury agent(distributor) and ask for a complete winding repair kit .
in this kit you get winding wire slot insulation,phase insulation ,connection kit and banding tape.
kind regds

gcaudill, Thank you,
I am already supplied by Essex for other wdg wire ,they cannot assist with Double Jacketed Wire suitable for water filled operation.
Franklin motors are encapulated,this uses an enamalled wire and then epoxy filled.
I am seeking a European supplier.

I'm mainly familiar with submersible pumping equipment used for oil production. We used Kapton insulated copper windings for class H rated systems. In the US, try Zeus. In Europe, the only one I'm familiar with is Dedal in Moscow.

Thank you Dale 549,
I am familular with Kapton wrapped wire for oil filled subm motors.
I still have no leads for water filled motors. I was told a manufacturer in Germany . Name like " NSW " or this may be an abreviation.
Any help appreciated.
Grover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back