Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

success with rivatuner! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsu50

Mechanical
Jun 26, 2003
US
after a few trys i managed to upgrade my fx5200 to a quadro fx500. it runs real nice now!

the performance in Solidworks is much better i think, also Realview is now enabled, and looks super!)

i anded up using Nvidia drivers 44.03, since soldworks website had them listed. Thanks to Unwinder for a great program.

now i have Quadro performace from a $99.99 vid card! :)

i followed this tutorial in case anyone else in interested:

I applied this and WOW!! It works great! I just happen to have a GEforce2 card and was going to buy a high end card. Thanks!

I'm gald it worked out in the end for you. I too found that finding that elusive plain & clear tutorial on how-to-use-SoftQuadro-for-dummies was the hard bit [peace].

"Gimme dat stickwelder, will yer lad. No need to get all fancy wid'those modern drills." Apprenticeship Lesson 61

lylek, check the link Mitsu50 posted above and the links in this thread .
In short, yes if you use Pre-45.xx Detonator drivers and yes it is worth it if you are running any 3D CAD program. It is a bit scary the first time because it does require a fair bit of computer wizzardry, hence the need to find some plain & simple walkthrough for the conversion [peace].

Be the Force with you...

"Gimme dat stickwelder, will yer lad. No need to get all fancy wid'those modern drills." Apprenticeship Lesson 61

Anyone try this with a GeForce4 4200 GO? I have a laptop that I'd love to boost a little bit...

Alex

i am going to do my fathers t14200 soon. I've read posts on other forums that said it works great so i'll post back after i give it a shot.

I tried this on my ti4200 and it seemed to work. everything but real view worked. maybey i did something wrong. anyone know why this is?

I just got this working with my FX5200. I have realview enabled and working. However, the only time that I get the realview display is when I am looking at a single part. In assembly mode, the display is not renderedusing realview. I have checked the setting for large assemblies and it is checked to allow realview. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

45.28 was the driver used. Realview does work if I am working with only one part. If I am in an assembly, that same part does not render using realview unless I open the part, assign the material, save it, and then replace the same part in the assembly with the newly saved one.

I applied the hack with my GeForce FX 5200 and now it appears as a qaudro FX 500 under the device manager. I still can't seem to get realview to function in SolidWorks. Does anyone have any suggestions? I checked and made sure realview is installed for SolidWorks and that I have the Shaders and shaders_soft folders in my install directory for SolidWorks. I applied a material to several different parts and still the icon for real view is greyed out. Any idea why real view would not be functioning?

@bmh2208, look in the tools, option, large assembly mode. There is an option to turn on real view for assembly.

@pdybeck, check to see if use open gl software is checked in the options menu. I had to uncheck mine for realview to work.

Mitsu50,

OpenGL is unchecked and has been. My device manager sees my card as a qaudro FX 500. When I open a part in SolidWorks the RealView icon is not greyed out for a quick second, and then becomes greyed out as soon as the file is loaded. I have the shader folders under my install directory. I am using detonator driver version 44.03. What else is there? Any help would be appreciated.

Pete Yodis

I searched my whole hard drive for the program shaders.exe and did not find it. Can anyone with RealView operating verify that they have this program installed? I'm wondering if I need to do a re-install of SolidWorks in order for this to install. Where could I get this shaders.exe program?

53.03 - See the SW website for proper drivers if that's the card your using. If you are using a true Quadro 500 FX, you should be using the Nvidia drivers not those.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

If you are in the SW Forum Check out the FAQ section

To make the Best of Eng-Tips Forums FAQ731-376

I am using a Geforce FX 5200 hacked into the Quadro FX 500 using the patched driver 44.03. I don't believe the patch will work with the 53.03 drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back