super duplex ss

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecoman

Mechanical
Dec 11, 2006
US
Hi All,

Looking for sources to supply AllOY 2507, 904L or similar specs. Trouble we are having is stock size. We need at least 3" thick plate, 4" would even be better. Approx plate OD is 24".

We are only able to source 1.5" thick plate.

Application has exposure to the following chemistry:
55% concentrated acetic acid
30% concentrated formic acid
15% h2o

all at 105C

Any insight is appreciated. Alternative material suggestions welcome.

Enjoy the day and remember, today is a good day to live.

Cheers,
MECOMAN

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Where in the world?
Have you looked for one of the 6% Mo alloys (AL-6XN, 1925hMo, 25-6MO)?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

Steve & Ed,

The material spec is passed to us for what we need to use as a material for our gizmo that is attached to equipment in the process.

Ed, I am not familiar with the materials you mentioned, but I will pass along to see if our different suppliers have heard of them. Hopefully we can find them in the 3+" thickness range.

We found the 2507 super alloy in 2.5" thickness, but it still requires a bit of a compromise.

Thanks for you efforts.

Cheers,
MECOMAN

Stonecold,

Unfortunately the components are large, split in half and with many holes. The split at the joint has always been difficult to clad or coat, manufacture and provide a very smooth transition across the split-line. If clad after manufacture the split won't be of high quality (smooth). Also, it is a little backwards, but the approach of less expensive is trumped by working a day longer, ease of installation and performance. We'd rather walk away if unable to do everything spot on. It is the split-line challenge with coatings or cladding that is a wild card.

Thanks for the idea. I often dismiss it from past attempts that created more problems.

Cheers,
MECOMAN

I don't think you will find 2507 stocked in really thick plate. Rolled Alloys would be the only supplier other than Sandvik that I can think of to contact, and you probably already did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back