Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Surfacing in MDT6

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmw

Mechanical
Feb 6, 2002
US
Are there any books available on surfacing? I'm getting many errors trying to do surface cuts.

For example,
"Failed to compute Surf cut.
Error: Inconsistent relationships at a non-manifold vertex.
Model failed to update."

would anyone have reference material gathered from their experience that may help me? My reseller is uneducated in surfacing (like me).

My goal is to run a full radius along the edge of a part that changes sizes and curves, the edge was too complex for the "cubic fillet" command. I'm trying to use the "surface cut" command on the more complex areas.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

John

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear John;

AutoCad puts out excellent training manuals used in their training courses. I would think your reseller should be able to get his hands on one. These manuals expand upon the material given in the owners manuals shipped with the software. I have a training manual from Desktop 4 but it does not include the surfacing module. If your reseller is of no help try mine at mymcad.com and ask Drew if he can get one.

Regards Adrian

If you are creating a complicated surface using the convert surface tool check that the surface is one piece if not stitch it together and then use surface cut. I think that surface cuts also have to be of different parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back