Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW2006: Dimensioning (and other things) in Sketch not Working Correctl

Status
Not open for further replies.

brengine

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2001
US
We upgraded a couple weeks ago from SW2004 sp5.0 to SW2006 sp2.0. We actually did a fresh install of SW2006 then uninstalled SW2004.

Since the upgrade many users here have noticed that after being in a SW secession for about 1-2 hours, that while in a sketch when I select the Smart Dimension and then select the entity(s), the actual dimension (text, extension lines, and arrows) is *not* visible until I click somewhere to place the dimension. So I can still insert dimensions, but I can’t see where to place them until they’ve already been inserted (then I have to select and move them).

Simultaneously while doing this, the Delete and Escape keys on my keyboard don’t work. Also any shortcut keys do not work at this time either. 2 other Users have confirmed this same behavior, and the others were unsure whether they were having the same problem with their keyboard keys or not.

It’s happened 3 times today (in less than 6 hours) and I have been restarting SW to fix the problem…but that is very frustrating when I have a large assembly open that I have to close, knowing that I’ll have to re-open and resolve it after re-starting SW.

Has anyone else seen this?
Thanks,
Ken

SW2006 sp2.0
Dell Precision 370
Dual 2.8 GHz processors
2MB RAM
nVidia Quadro FX1300 with SW approved driver

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have any of you called your VAR and have them look into the issue?

Ken,
I cannot explain that. Have you uninstalled and done a clean reinstall since you upgraded?

support69 [conehead]

Multiple Users here are seeing this. VAR only seems to be able to help with "repeatable" problems. I told him it happens every 30 minutes to 2 hours, but I have no idea what is triggering it. I haven't heard anythind else back on that.

None of us have tried a re-install. Guess we need to bite the bullet and give that a try.

Ken

Best things you can do is take screen shots of what you are seeing and try to reproduce it from time to time with RX running. This problem needs to be recorded I agree, but I understand how hard it can be to capture as well.

I do hope you guys capture this issue with both RX and Screen shots. Screen shots are als helpful in showing them that this is a problem. You might push your VAR and threaten them and maybe they will help you to diagnose this issue better.

Do try the Reinstall Ken. This might fix the issue.

support69 [conehead]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back