Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

symmetry in assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

alkemixt

Aerospace
Jan 20, 2006
US
hi,

It seems like only the partbody of the part can be mirrored using the symmetry function in assembly. I have many part bodies in a part and want to mirror the whole part in assembly, is there a way to use the symmetry function to mirror every partbody of the part under product?

one more thing, my catia window is always on top, how can i disable this?

thank you..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You will find as a rule of thumb, a part is just that. A Part. Use products and components to pull together many parts. You can get away with a few partbodies in 1 CATPart, but now you will find the disadvantages of that. Lets say that your part in question has 2 partbodies. Go to File --> New From on the existing part, this will create you a new copy of your original file with a different UUID number. This is an internal id number of the part. Rename the new part, delete the information you don't need, to make body.2 your PartBody contextual menu body.2 --> Change Part Body. Save the file.

Regards,
Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back