Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SYNCHRO Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

County

Civil/Environmental
Mar 1, 2002
US
I'm new to the site. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this traffic signal/simulation software?

I have a realworld situation where the major street traffic queues through a minor street intersection close to a signal but Synchro makes them leave the gap. (Which rarely happens in real life.)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

County,

I've seen similar situations within Synchro & SimTraffic, especially if the minor street is unsignalized (stop controlled) and the major street is free-flow.

It appears as if the developers include a courtesy factor, thus not blocking turns from the minor street creating grid-lock situations.

Depending on what you're trying to analyze, you could just remove the minor street. Delay calculations for the minor street might include the queuing effect blocking the intersection. (I do recommend e-mail support from Trafficware, and their on-line knowledge base may help too.)

Regards,
WireoMesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back