Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

T61 Laptop Problem Pan Zoom Rotate

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesm519

Mechanical
Jul 2, 2008
US
I bought a new IBM T61 thinkpad laptop. It has vista 64 bit operating system and wildfire 4.0. The laptop has a red button to scroll(ultranav), 3 mouse buttons, touchpad and two right and left click buttons. Even with all these I am unable to pan zoom or rotate the model in pro/e. I tried combinations of the buttons with CTRL, SHIFT, ALT etc. I am familiar with pro/e on desktop. Please let me know if there is any mouse setting that can help. I tried some setting changes but that did not help. Thanks

Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a T60 but it should work the same way.

On mine, I have to go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> UltraNav -> Parameters -> Parameters (Scroll) -> Change the scroll type to Regular

joesm519,

I had an issue like this on my Dell laptop w/ Pro/E. I found if I shutdown the software which customized the Logitech mouse buttons I could get control back. Look thru your running processes or the startup tab of msconfig.

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Baldy217, I don't see the parameters tab under the ultranav. I don't have my laptop with me right now but I will post a screen shot of the UltraNav properties box.

fighterpilot, I am not using any mouse for now I am only trying to setup the mouse-like buttons provided on the laptop. The laptop comes with 3 extra buttons (besides the two generally provided by every laptop). These are the ones I am trying to configure.

Thanks guys

Joe

Yes, I'm familiar w/ this laptop. I would still check to see if there is any extra software being loaded that would allow you to configure these buttons.

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Baldy217,
Thanks I did as you said and it works now! The options you mentioned were not available previously because some updates were not done. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back