Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

tank ventilation rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetfood

Chemical
Jul 7, 2008
US
I am trying to find the recommended ventilation rate for chlorine dioxide storage tank. It is necessary to keep the cl02 concentration in the vapor space below LEL, but there should be the minimum recommended rate. Does anyone come across with such a data?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is routed to scrubber system where multiple vent lines are connected. I know the maximum capacity of tail gas at scrubber system but it is unrealistic to use this number for storage tank since, again, multiple lines are connected to the scrubber. There is the recommended miniminum vent rate for Cl02 tank. I've seen it before but I can't find it any longer. I may have to calculate based on solution temperature and tank pressure to see how much of Cl02 can be found in vapor space within tank. Do you have any recommendations?

According to the msds, chlorine dioxide LEL is 10%. In your product conveying duct design, you need to keep the exhaust below 25% of the LEL which is 2.5% in accordance with 2007 CMC 506.

The ventilation rate equation will be a first order DE if the generation rate is constant. Refer to the first order DE in my response to thread 1043-272680; however,you'll need to reconfigure the units of SDTOBIN ppm(V) presented above to my units ie, mg/cu.m= (Molecular Weight/24.45(@25 dC))*ppm(V). The generation rate of chlorine dioxide will be hard to determine and don't forget to have fresh air for makeup contaminated air removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back