Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teamcenter Baseline to single part body

Status
Not open for further replies.

MI95SHO

Mechanical
Dec 20, 2012
US
Hello,

I am looking to start designing parts within Teamcenter (Version: 8). However a requirement is to export baseline versions to customers with the parameters removed (dumb solid). Is there a way or setting within Teamcenter that when a baseline is created, the supported model is converted into a dumb solid? Keeping the primary file fully parametric for changes at a later time?

Thank you.

--
CAD Detail and Designer II
NX 7.5, 8, and 8.5 with SmarTeam Integration.
CATIA V5 R20-R22

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

MI95SHO,

JT file generation also supports the option for creating Native JT files from TC managed NX parts.

Code:
"%UGII_BASE_DIR%\pvtrans\ugtopv.exe" "@DB/item_ID/Item_revision" -pim=yes -u=tcuser -p=tcpasswd -rev=tc_rev_rule_name -save_outside_teamcenter -force_output_dir=c:\explicit_output_location\directory_path
This would provide the ability to access the data in JT2go, TCvis, XpresReview, and in native NX.
It would provide access to the parasolid B-Rep model, the option to include PMI data if desired without exposing KF data, expression formulas, NX feature information etc.

HTH,
Joe

To clarify, I still require the use of -> Export -> To Briefcase, as this is a requirement for sending data. Joe, would your method allow me to baseline a file into a JT file?

--
Design Technician
NX 7.5, 8, and 8.5 with SmarTeam Integration.
CATIA V5 R20-R22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back