Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tedds Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcc202

Structural
Jan 15, 2009
US
We currently use Tedds and I hate it. It's super clunky and is very limited in what it is able to do. Are there any viable alternative to Tedds? The only other alternative that I have used is EnerCalc which isn't much better and actually may be worse? Just curious what other programs other SE firms are using.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks everyone, I was not expecting this many responses. We are going to stick with Tedds for the time being and devote some time into trying to learn the programs capabilities a bit more. Clear Calcs seems promising but I think needs some more time to develop, we will revisit that in a year or two. I would love to develop all of these calculations with spreadsheets internally, we just don't have the time/budget to do so.

@CConrad - my opinion of Enercalc was solely based on me using the program several years ago, as well as the several opinions expressed in this forum. I will admit that I have not used it recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back