Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Templates/Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRickertsen

Mechanical
Oct 28, 2008
US
I am rather new to NX 6 and a bit frustrated. I'm having problems with the default drafting settings in NX. Is there any easy way to make the drafting settings resemble something like Y14. The line sizes etc are completely out of proportion. It wants to make huge center lines everywhere. There are "coordinate systems" and sketches strewn about. It doesn't seem to recognize its own threaded hole features.

In SolidWorks/Inventor these things just work out of the box.

Additionally how can i edit the default title blocks. The default ones are well... useless.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am also finding that the Siemens awnser is always their very expensive "Formal Training". If you are not a huge government contract company that can afford on the spot Siemens instructors you will need to find workarounds, untill your company can send you all over the country with hotel, car & meals (and hope Siemens doesn't cancel the class you have made reservations for).

It seems there is only three lineweights thin, thick & ridiculously thick. You can easily make your visable lines thick by double-click on a view, visability tab.

Good luck

There is also CAST, which I have found quite helpful, as well as many third party training organizations (on site or off) with good reputations.
That said, I still prefer "Formal Training", and though I have found myself occasionally teaching the instructor a thing or two about the software, I always come back with a good foundation of the basics that were being taught.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. - [small]Thomas Jefferson [/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back