Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Mask wipeout not working when plotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnj

Civil/Environmental
Sep 17, 2002
US
When I use text mask in model space it works fine, and when I go to plot the drawing in paperspace, in print preview the text masks are shown as working. But when the drawing is plotted, the wipeouts don't work and a rectangle is drawn around the text with no wiping out of whatever is behind it. WHat is the deal with this??

We've looked into everything. It's not the plotter, we've plotted to other systems and same thing. WE're using R14 with Autodesk on windows 2000?

ANy help would be appreciated, thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm using Acad Map 5 and I've had the same problem with wipeout. Plotted fine in MS but in PS it didn't also with images in PS... they would cover up my linework. The quick fix for me was to open up the MS in the viewport and then do a regenall and jump back to PS and everything worked fine. Donno if this helps.

Good Luck
SEMott

I've had problems with WIPEOUTS in the past, so much so I avoid it completely now unless absolutely necessary ...shame, it's a good idea executed badly imo.

Anyway, one thing you could try is changing the DRAWORDER of the entities within your drawing. By changing 'what is drawn in front of what' you can usually achieve the look of the wipeouts you want. Type DRAWORDER and select the wipeouts then choose FRONT to bring these entities to the front of the order (Note: The draworder command doesn't effect any 'elevation' data, it doesn't actually move the entities at all, it just effects the order the computer regenerates the entities). Now do the same thing with the text you want to be in front of these wipeouts (Type DRAWORDER and send them to the FRONT). Since you modified the TEXT after the wipeouts they will appear in front of the wipeouts, the order you do it is important. Try plotting your drawing now and see if that solves your problem.

Hope that helps

Marc

Got it figured out, found out from another forum. Apparently the HP series 600 plotters do not support raster images, and that is what wipeouts are. SO what you have to do is make the plotter your default system printer, and then reconfigure it in the preferences dialog. It's working for me now...

BUt I found out later that if you want to change paper size, you have to go back into the printer preferences in the default settings and change the paper size. Nothing is easy, but if you want to use wipeouts I guess this is the way to go, or buy a new plotter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back