Text outside of viewports???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice

Civil/Environmental
Aug 16, 2001
US
Hello everyone,

This is a weird one. I'm in paper space, and i cut a view port in PS. Set my scale, for that view port, get my drawing in the right position. Then when i print, go to full preview everything is fine, but when it actually prints some of the text and lines that are cut off by the viewport(so on my screen half of the text is shown) actually extends outside of the viewport.

Thanks
Juice

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Juice,

did You use ttfonts (and images)? -> change font,
and/or make a polyganal view port,
and/or put your text z=1,
and/or width on 0.99

I think You have to take one or more ways...

Lothar Win NT4.0 (SP6),
ACAD 2000i (SP2), ADT 3.0 (SP3),
OCÈ 5200

Are you using an HP plotter? I had the same problem. The solution for me was to double click a file HPSETUP.EXE in the AutoCAD directory and select disable plot memory optimization.

Hope this helps.

What you are not stating is if print was made in PS or MS.
If print was made in MS and then in layout you invoked your viewport and then Zoom Window the object, then on full preview, what you see should only be plotted.Make sure any text made in MS which is part of your object is captured by the vwprt. As stated above octogonal vwprt are very useful for selecting objects and text that dont lend withing rectangular vwprt.
On the other hand any text made in PS will print totally within the drawing limits that you set in PS-if portion of text made in PS is outside drawing limits that portion will not plot.
We have a HP 650c Series color plotter and one of the limitation with it is its inability to deal with Autocad 2000 templates on titlebocks and borders provided in the program, therefore we had to make our own. Also your selection of fonts for your text may require more memory from computer and printer, therefore be aware of that. We basically stay with basic fonts and forgo the more elegant ones.
Hope this helped your situation somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back