Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Thank God for Sparkies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
From Oct to mid Dec, I had a couple of large complicated projects. I neglected my normal exercising.

Mid-Dec, my son, daughter and myself walked to Tim Hortons for some food. I was exhausted when I got there. It was about three blocks.

I had lunch with an electrical engineer the next day and commented on how quickly you can get out of shape.

I had had a heart attack and didn't know it. I scheduled a stent repair. The first stent went well but the second one caused a clot and my heart stopped for five minutes. After 25 'paddle shocks'. I'm still Vertical.

Thanks to the Sparkies.

My activity on the site will be greatly limited. It's been a fun 20+ years.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

and who said Timmies was bad for your health ?

It sharpens your focus when you realise there's more of life behind you than ahead (much more !).

And somewhere (hopefully ahead of us) there's a point of diminishing returns.

We haven't always been on the same side of some issues, but I've enjoyed the banter, and you've made me think sometimes !?

cheers

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

Wow..... I'm glad you survived it! That's pretty scary.

FWIW, I opened this thread assuming that we were going to get some pictures of some ridiculously routed electrical tray or wires or something.

Glad you're OK Dik. I hope recover heal quickly.
Ironically, I went to Tim Hortons for the first time yesterday on a trip to Barrie.

Sorry to hear that, hope you are recovering well and take it easy on the high stress projects.

You are one of a handful of MVPs of this forum that I have learned a lot from over the years of browsing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back