Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the mean of sp1 sp2 sp3....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouha

Computer
Dec 8, 2003
CA
hello
is there any one who know what's the difference between CATIA V5R10sp5 and CATIA V5R10sp6. the question also is whats the mean of sp1 sp2 sp3....
thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thanks azrael
but how can I know the sp of my catia v5 release. this is because I cant execute a macro on my catia v5R10 in spite of that it's executable on catia v5R10sp6 !! so I dont know why this was happened

There are 2 ways to check what service pack you are currently using in your loaded version of Catia V5.

1) In Catia V5 Help/About Catia and in the pop up window there will be listed the current version of Catia, including the service pack number.

2) If you are not in Catia, you can Start/Programs/CATIA/Tools/Software Management

If the macro was written for service pack 6, it probably won't run in service pack 5, but I've never tested this. A drawing created in service pack 6 will not be able to be opened in service pack 5 though.

Good Luck!

thanks ahbugeye
in my macro the method that is failed is: thespaworkbench.measurable(reference1)

this is described in this exemple

Dim reference1 As Reference
Set reference1 = part1.CreateReferenceFromObject(object1)
Dim reference2 As Reference
Set reference2 = part1.CreateReferenceFromObject(object1)
Dim TheSPAWorkbench As Workbench
Set TheSPAWorkbench = CATIA.ActiveDocument.GetWorkbench ( "SPAWorkbench" )
Dim TheMeasurable As Measurable
Set TheMeasurable = TheSPAWorkbench.Measurable(reference1)
Dim MinimumDistance As double
MinimumDistance = TheMeasurable.GetMinimumDistance(reference2)

anybody know how I can get a service pack for v5.9 looking for sp7. MY it person says that she can not get this sp anylonger. Any help.

thanks
Cory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back