Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

THREAD DEFINITION USING METRICS SETTING 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingenieromx

Mechanical
Apr 21, 2010
MX
HI TO ALL, I HAVE A NEW QUESTION AND I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME.

I USE CATIA V5 R18 AND MY SETTING UNITS ARE MM. I WAS DESIGNING A PART THAT HAS AN EXTERNAL THREAD (STANDARD 1/2-20) AND I USED THE COMMAND THREAD/TAP DEFINITION BUT I COULDN'T DO IT BECAUSE A MESSAGE APPEARED SAYING "THE DIAMETER IS NOT SUPPORTED, THE TYPE WILL BE NO STANDARD" SOMETHING LIKE THAT. IS IT POSSIBLE MAKE A THREAD STANDARD USING METRIC UNITS?
THERE'S AN OPTION "ADD NEW STANDARD" BUT ASKS FOR A TXT DOCUMENT, CAN I CREAT A NEW STANDARD? SHOULD I USE THIS OPTION?
I'LL APPREACIATE EVERY COMMENT.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can add these to your reffiles\standard directory. When you restart catia it will see the new txt files. The tap drill sizes are not all to the Starrett tap drill chart. I have modified some sizes for internal company reasons.
You can create your own if you like and place in the following directory. Use one of the .txt files as an example.

64bit version path
C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B18\win_b64\reffiles\standard
32bit version path
C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B18\intel_a\reffiles\standard

Regards,
Derek

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e7329b6a-e54c-45c8-bc66-50e258611ffe&file=thread_standard.zip
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back