Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tilt-Up Concrete Design Software 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

STR04

Structural
Jun 16, 2005
US
I recently started to look at Enercalc's tilt-up concrete design module. Can anyone tell me if they have confidence with this module or can recommend comparable software?

TIA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is good software. I would advise you to buy a copy of the Tilt-up Design and construction manual by Hugh Brooks. Incidentally, Hugh is Michael's father. Michael is the Enercalc software publisher.

Naturally, Hugh uses Enercalc software for the tilt-up panel design. He also has manual calculations and many useful details, specifications and lots of good to know information about tilt-up panels.

I just complete the design two large size projects and I used Enercalc.

Regards,
Lutfi

We use enercalc all the time for tilt-up. Have been doing so for many years for many large and small projects in Florida. Including entirely new high schools with auditoriums and gymnasiums all out of tilt-up. Many of our designs were hit by the various hurricanes last fall, some of them multiple times. None sustained any damage. All our buildings have proven to be reliable.

The only time we get away from Enercalc is when we have really ood panel geometries, or panels with excessive numbers or sizes of openings. Then I break out Staad and do a finite element analysis of the panel, or break it down into horizontal beams and vertical columns, and run hand (or Enercalc) calculations for those.

We always use iterated ACI method, if you are wondering. I think there is 6 methods which could be used.

Of course, here in FLorida, we have no seismic design requirements. I have no idea how reliable Enercalc is for seismic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back