Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

timer control

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynotreuse

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2012
US
Hey there: I need to control 4-6 on functions per day for a on time of 5-30 seconds per event. I am a mechanical guy so out of my depth with the wires. The system is 12 volt for a greenhouse irrigation system. Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not know your question, but if you wanted suggestion for selecting the controller, then have a look at the Siemens LOGO! smart-relays. Other manufacturers also have similar products - Allen Bradley Pico, Schneider Zelio, Teco SG2, etc.

Do the 4-6 functions need separate times, or could they all be on at the same times. It could be as simple as using a repeat cycle timer relay, or one for each function. You will need one with 2 time selections, one for the interval time, and one for the on time.

Are the 4-6 events on the same line, or different?

I don't see why you can't just use a standard sprinkler timer, which does the start and cycle times, and with some minor circuit mods, could handle more than 3 events per timer:
timer&storeId=10051

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Best I use an example: I have eight stations which need 12v dc applied to a solenoid operated valve four different times a day. The eight stations run in sequence (1 minute apart) for a duration between 10-40 seconds. Eight minutes and the stations will cycle once each. I can get 12v dc timers, but they do not program in seconds only minutes. It may be too expensive to get this done electronically. I can solve this with a mechanical solution using the cheap dc timers operating the cycles for 1 minute. Just figured I'd toss this one up for inspired thinking and suggestions. The application is a hydroponic garden control system we are putting together. My company:
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back