Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Tolerances on Model Generated Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich68

Industrial
Feb 21, 2019
US
I generate dimensions on drawing views from the model sketch dimensions. I then add a tolerance and all looks good. However, when I move the dimension, the tolerance automatically changes to ±.000? has anyone seen this before or know what could be causing it?
We were previously using R23 and recently moved to Catia V5R32 2023X. Our Catia is being used with 3Dexperience and everything was setup by by a third party, which is using our existing Environment file, CATCollection Standard, etc. This issue did not exist before the upgrade.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's strange! Does this happen to all dimensions? all drawings? all users?

Which drafting standard are you using? which dimension style?

Only happens to dimensions that are generated from the model. If I create a dimension manually and add a tolerance, it can be moved with no issues.
We have a company standard that was based off of the ASME standard. This standard has been copied and used for many years with no issues.

I agree it is very strange and what could cause Catia to change the tolerance after adding? Technia, who helped setup the new install and 3dexperience is offering no solution and it's been dead silence from Dassault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back