Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tool Palettes problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmatte

Civil/Environmental
Apr 1, 2004
US
I have made several custom linetypes for some frequently used objects, sanitary sewer, storm, water, erosion control, etc. I have put them on the tool palette so that when I access them they will be drawn on the correct layers.

The problem I am having, is when I select a line to draw, the first one shows up as described. The second linetype I use looks like the first, ie uses the same custom shape file, but is scaled and moved as defined in the linetype definition. Basically the linetypes all use the same shape eventhough they are defined differently.

I have already posted this on autodesk's forum, but have not had any replies yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One suggestion, check your globial linetype setting to see if it set to the current scale. The command is Ltscale (MS)and Psltscale (PS). A number less than 1 will mean shorter dashes and lines. A number more than 1 means longer dashes and lines.

Hope this helps,
John

I don't think it is a problem with the Ltscale or the Psltscale. The problem is if I use the sanitary sewer linetype it draws a double arrow. If I then try to use the watermain linetype, which should be drawn with a tic mark, it is drawn with a double arrow.

The dimension style is set for mechanical style. Select Units from the Format menu bar or type unit from the prompt. In the dialog box, change style to architectural units. ACAD default is always mechanical style which gives you the double arrow.

Hope this helps,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back