Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Toolbars 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadman98

Mechanical
Oct 25, 2001
US
Is there a way to pick more than one toolbar at a time without the list of choices disappearing?

Everytime you go to the "view" - "toolbars" selection & then choose a toolbar to display, bang, you're kicked right back out. I would like to be able to choose 2 or more at a time.

Not a big problem, just an annoyance

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not really on this topic,

but why does SW not show all the tools by default? - for example the some sketch tools. On a clean intsall of SW (where I haven't copied options accross etc)

I find that as a delve into a sketch I shoot across to the mirror tool - its not there, or parallelogram.

Okay I understand that showing all of them will mean quite a lot of desktop space could be taken up. But having seen new users create a hexagon manually and moan about not having an ellipse tool...

If this has altered in 05 please ignore this post ;-)

You should have posted this as new thread.

I think you answered your own question:

Okay I understand that showing all of them will mean quite a lot of desktop space could be taken up.

Desktop space. I use 1600x1200 and having all the icons turned on for me would not be a problem, but there are users out there using 800x600 res. They wouldn't even be able to remove icons from their toolbars if all were turned on.

The first thing a user should really do is look through their toolbars to see what they want on their toolbars. Then customize them as they go.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

If you are in the SW Forum Check out the FAQ section

To make the Best of Eng-Tips Forums FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back