Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Torsional Vibration References

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modula2

Electrical
Aug 3, 2002
CA
I am looking for modern books and references on calculation of torsional vibration, such as the torque harmonics of a reciprocating compressor. The ones I have are ancient, by Ker Wilson and Nestorides. Any popular modern ones or were those the final word?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use Mechanical Vibrations by Den Hartog, also an "ancient" text but a wonderful book none the less. I put together a quick Holzer table in excel based on the equations out of this book and now have a decent program for checking torsionals on recips or other pieces of equipment.

sms,

I am currently trying to analyze torsional vibrations between a e-motor and hyd. pump. In your spreadsheet, do you consider the coupling hub's inertia? And, are you willing to share your spreadsheet?

dear Modula2,
For my personal interest would you like to share some compressor details? Since i am also working on reciprocating compressor.
regards,
jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back