Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Transient stability in digsilent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Misunderstood you.
Try to reduce time to 20-30 ms. Initial rotor angle for sym9910_1 is close to critical, so in this case it will be difficult to keep stability under SC.

I did it, a short circuit at 0.03 and clearing time at 0.23
But just the peaks transferred to earlier time.
I should say that there is a generator which I switch that out, the problem has been solve
I think there is swing between this two generators
But I don't know how to solve it,
I attached results
The second file is the condition which mentioned generator is out of service

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0d7cc79b-33c0-4714-b116-779ec6d45bb7&file=transient_report3.gif
In this case, sym9910_1 has less rotor angel therefore out of step condition didn't happen.
I think this generator works with close critical rotor angel and even short disturbance lead to out of step.
Try to reduce active power for this generator and look at result.

What is this plot of? Is it a plot of a bus voltage angle or the actual generator rotor angle? If it’s the actual rotor angle, this is undamped generator disturbance, but the machines have not pulled out of step. If the machines pull out of step the rotor angles will trend toward very large values and the machine speed will increase above rated.
As an aside, I’ve modeled machines with no damping (they pre-date amortisseur bars) and they behave similarly to disturbances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back