Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translation Problem - Translation did not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGDAVE

Mechanical
Jan 29, 2004
US
I am running NX on a laptop with an XP OS.

I can no longer import iges files as I did at one time on this machine. Now when I import the cmd window will come up for a few seconds and nothing will appear in it and then I get an Error that reads "Translation did not complete".

This is driving me nuts. I think that it has to with virtual memory. Which is set at Int of 384MB and Max of 768MB

Please Help Me

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just taking a couple of stabs in the dark here:

Do any of your directory paths have spaces in the directory names? If so, get rid of them...this CAN cause problems in UG.

Also, I'm assuming your hard drive is partitioned. Try copying the IGES file to the largest partition. I believe UG writes a temporary part file during the translation then deletes it when you do a save or save as....not quite sure if that is absolutely correct though.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd suggest logging a call to GTAC.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

I agree with Tim. If you were able to do imports before and are now experiencing problems, chances are you have spaces in the path name to the file. Move file to c:\temp\filename.igs. Try the import. It should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back