Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with Adober Reader Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

civeng80

Structural
Dec 21, 2007
AU
I never had a problem printing drawings to PDF and I use Nitro PDF printer.

However lately I have been having problems with Adobe Reader and Im getting the message

"Cannot find or create the font "CityBlueprint". Some characters may not display or print correctly".

The above font displays in ms word documents. It has always displayed this font before but now for some reason Im coming across this message all the time. The text then is displayed as dots.

Any ideas as to what the problem is and how to solve it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had a similar problem with drawing text fonts not being created in the PDF plot. Check "Custom Properties" for the Autocad DWG To PDF printer and set the Font Handling option to "Capture All" (my system default was "Capture Some"). This should fix the font plotting problem.

Well I think I isolated the problem. Im including the diameter symbol and typing it as %%C if I delete this symbol it will print the text in PDF but if I include the symbol the whole of the text comes out in dots.

Im using autocad 2010.

What to do ? Any suggestions ?

IFRs Im using DWG to PDF plotter but when it opens using adobe reader I get the above message for Cityblueprint font.

Francesca I tried exporting to PDF and when I open the PDF I still have the same message and dots for the font.

However if I open the file with foxit reader (another PDF reader) there are no problems. However how many people use foxit reader ? 99.9% of users have adobe reader.

Could it be a bug in adobe reader 9.3.4 ?

Also I have no problem plotting to DWF file.

Another point if I print from autocad design review again I get the same message and adobe reader does not recognise the font.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back