Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubles after Fanuc tech replaced some boards from PMC errors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootheWilkes

Mechanical
Jan 21, 2015
US
We had a Fanuc tech in our shop to fix a recurring PMC error on our FO 4020 amada laser. While he was fixing our PMC issue he ended up deleting all of our cut conditions. This isn't to big of a deal since I am very familiar with the cut conditions we had and how to replace them. My problem is two fold atm, one being the z axis does not go up to its default position after a M104 in the code. I even tried writing in a manual Z height for a test. The cut height looks fines then at the M104 line it actually drops to 0 scraping the material. Second is when doing a retract to home, my table zeroes out like it use to going to Z160.2362 Y80.7087 Z7.8740, but using a G50 command to send the home changes the zero points to Z0.000 Y0.000 Z0.000 when it use to go home to the previous values. I am hoping these are just simple parameters that I am unaware of. I did have to rezero B axis because of loss of reference. Do I need to rezero the other axis in a similar fashion or are there parameters that set to a default state that I am unware of? Any help is appreciatted.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes,we have backups, and it appears most everything is there except the cutting conditions. Looks to me like some of the parameters reset to defaults is that possible?

I believe theres a parameter setting just off cut conditions where you set laser par , Z retract height focus and the such. you enter this manually.

Sounds to me like the tech didn't complete the job, or botched it. He should have tested operation to your specific conditions before he wrapped things up.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!

Swordfish you are correct, I had to return those values to where we had them. I even hard coded M104 M00 Z0.5 and the head still comes down after the cut moves to next position then raises up for pierce. Thanks for the input fellas. I have another machine in house, so I am checking parameter to parameter it just a tedious process.

First, I would like to say that I am glad you got it fixed. Second, Please don't be too hard on the FANUC guy. I agree it should have been perfect before he left but with so many builders they work for it hard to know where all the little things are that go missing after a problem like this. The alternative is to have both an Amada guy and Fanuc guy come in which would be even more expensive.

For example. I have heard that Fanuc service personnel wont do external alignment on a lasers anymore. Too many people complained. You can imagine what a pain that is.

Not at all, shit happens. So hard to find or pry the information about these machines away from either of them. I always check here for tidbits of information and try to fix all of our issues in house. This community has been a big help, and this is the first time I have had to actually post a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back