Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tsai-Wu in Abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.

alijameel

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2006
GB
Dear all
Please could you help me with that
I am doing a simple model of composite material. i am applying uni-axial load in direction of fiber. I have requested from field output a 'CFAILURE' to get Tsai Wu and Max stress failure indies. so i got values of the failure indies of Tsai Wu And Max stress and they were the same and that fine.
But the confusing thing that when i want check Tsai Wu failure index by hand calculation for the same stresses that given by Abaqus and the tsai wu equation given in Abaqus documentation. but i got different results.
please could you help me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear all
Please could you help me with that
I am doing a simple model of composite material. i am applying uni-axial load in direction of fiber. I have requested from field output a 'CFAILURE' to get Tsai Wu and Max stress failure indies. so i got values of the failure indies of Tsai Wu And Max stress and they were the same and that fine.
But the confusing thing that when i want check Tsai Wu failure index by hand calculation for the same stresses that given by Abaqus and the tsai wu equation given in Abaqus documentation. but i got different results.
please could you help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back