Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tube bundle extracting 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikarga

Mechanical
Mar 7, 2006
BA
I've got to construct tool for extracting tube bundle from heat excahnger. My question is generaly - is there any guides inside shell so I can be sure that tube bundle is well orineted since there is friction steel-steel? Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Guides/rails: Sometimes yes, usually no. YMMV.

Best bet is to look at a large sample of the Hx drawings at your facility.

Thank you Duwe6 - appreciate - already did the Hx, and, yes, there is huge quantity of samples - but I have to do this on my own, usin experienced designer from some web sites. Orientation of company is to do this for low money. Appreciate if there is some procedure for inserting tube bundle - that's the most problem. Tnx!

Actualy, I have two of them - one is 23 t and another 39 t. Both 10 meters long. Also, I have some example from previous extracting tools. To be clear, I have a civil engineer in team, as well as any other help I need. I did basic design. My real problem is narrow space arround Hx and this orientation in horizontal plane during inserting.

Since these are large bundles, you might want to involve some professional bundle extractors. Below are a few links of some tube bundle extractors. These should give you an idea of how to handle the equipments. You can google for tube bundle extractors and find a suitable service provider in your region itself.

I hope there is a minimum of 1x tube bundle length in front of the HX for extracting the bundles....

Doing as rakuday suggested is likely going to end up being the "low cost" option rather than trying to do it yourself and ending up damaging the tubes, with the resultant rework time.

Want to know the do's and don'ts of Eng-Tips? Read FAQ731-376.
English not your native language? Looking for some help in getting your question across to others or understanding their answers? Go to forum1529.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back