Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Tube Bundle pulling out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanical
Jan 27, 2011
ID
Dear all,

we have a plan tu replace heat exchanger tube bundle at offshore facility with the new one but we have a problem method to pulling out this bundle.
first option, we will make sliding table and we will pull this bundle using high load rope puller. this bundle have weight 25 tons
i wanna ask anyone if have similiar experience for this work

Regards
Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have done exactly similar project for an offshore facility in North Sea (From procurement till installation procedure). Explaining all here in this forum looks like a huge task. If you can tell me at what stage the project is, I can guide you well.

yes i know, many people usually using aerial extractor but very expensive to mobilize this equipment to pull out only 1 tube bundle . because of this bundle weight not too heavy, i have plan to fabricate sliding table combine with high load rope puller (hydratight) for pulling out and using offshore crane for lifting.
any body have idea with competitive cost ?

We used Trolley with wheels for moving new and old bundles. I think you have made plans for pulling out the Bundle. Attachment will guide you for inserting the new bundle. Apart from the new bundle cost,keep in mind cost of temporary equipment including certified slings and shackles. Account for enough man hours, we underestimated it.Prepare a risk matrix as well for flange face and Exchanger body deformation(Our Exchanger body lost its shape and we faced problem inserting the new one).

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1ad42c11-c8ea-494f-b6df-336a50896419&file=Bundle_Insertion.png
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back