Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

two small turbos better than one big turbo(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsi

Automotive
Jul 30, 2003
FI
I've been pondering whether two small turbochargers would offer any benefit over one large turbocharger. I've ploughded throught the net, and found some material suggesting that two small turbo's are a better way to go than one large turbo.

Please have a quick peek at linked forum thread. I do welcome any commentary over this subject on this eng-tips forum. Thank's.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

its different on paper than actual in a real scenario , think it depends on different factors ie/ the intended use , fuel , goals , etc.

Most people who race or are in the perfomance area generally run twins , petrol or diesel ! twins or multiples are lot more tuneable ,when singles are more for the budget conscious .

Twins will make way more power if compounded and sized right. I might be a little off beat here because they wouldnt necessarily be two small turbos. It is a matter of how much power you want to make, how much room you have(double the plumbing, double the waste gates, and double the intercooling to do it right), and last but not least how much do you want to spend?????[bluegreedy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back