Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG/NX 8.5 Help Balancing Holes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I quote "two holes 180deg from each other".

what do you mean by "the hole needs to be balanced" ... my tires need to be balanced ?

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

I think KENAT meant the relevant NX forum -> forum561

Is this part asymmetric to require balanced holes? Balanced within what tolerance?

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively."
-Dalai Lama XIV

Luis,
Something may be lost in translation, and it may have started with the drawing you attached, not even with what you said.
It could mean many things, and I can't tell which:
"Balance" = equal diameter
"Balance" = equivalent positions
"Balance" = mass will be inserted into holes to prevent shaft vibration.
"Balance" = opposite positions, which would be redundant after also saying "180 degrees".
Each of these interpretations could lead to creating a different model.

...or it means something else. Could you clarify what the holes are for?
The part looks cylindrical, so projecting a hole to enter the surface may require a definition of the geometry of the hole before creating the actual hole feature.

STF

The holes are use to place on a balance machine to balance the tool to its right position. I would think it would fall more under this below:

"Balance" = opposite positions, which would be redundant after also saying "180 degrees".
Each of these interpretations could lead to creating a different model.

Hopes this makes a little more sense

so you're figuring the CG analytically and aligning the hole CL with this ... maybe using an oversize hole and a bush (eccentric?) to position the balance point accurately ?

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back