Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG v18 - Drawing Object Associativity

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred2002

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2002
GB
I'm having trouble editing a drawing in that when I select Edit > Drawing Object Associativity and select a dimension, I get an error message saying "Cannot edit associativity for sketch dimension". What would be causing this and how can it be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To change that dimension you will have to go into the sketch. Drawing object associativity is for dimensions and symbols added in the drafting module (those not in sketches).

The dimensions where placed on the drawing in drafting using associative dimensioning to the sketch dimensions. Can't remeber the icon name. These dimensions are driven from the sketch directly and can only be changed by chnaging the sketch driving dimensions.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

To clarify a bit further, the dimensions were created in UG Drafting using Insert > Dimension etc., not Insert > Model Parameters > Feature..

Furthermore, when the dimensions were created, I was unable to position them as intended. Boxes added to dimensions would not be applied, and updated existing boxed dimensions gave the error message in my original question.

Is there any possibility that the part/drawing has been corrupted and is there any way of finding out?

Thanks,

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back